EU policy linking to Waterschool
In this Unit you will learn:
- how the water footprint is defined and was it shows
- how farming affects the use of water
- how drinking tap water reduces the use of plastic bottles and waste protection
Introduction to the topic:
- The promoting the protection and sustainable utilisation of the water resources is an important goal of the SDGs.
- Every minute, a million plastic bottles are bought around the world and this number will jump another 20 percent by 2021.
- Plastic bottles are one of the most commonly discarded plastic items found on European beaches.
- Schools that are free of single use plastic bottles, play an important role in helping to implement the EU Plastics Strategy.
- Effective education raises awareness of the importance of water and environmental protection.
- Drinking tap water reduces bottled waste